Updating and managing your enrolment online.
You can log into our Child Care Management System at this link to
- Add new child contact
- Vary existing child enrolment
- Update contact, immunisation, emergency contact and medical details
- View statements and invoices
Ignite Minds CCB Registration Process
Paperwork is entered onto AustralCCMS by Ignite Minds staff. The software communicates immediately with Centrelink Child Care Management Service (CCMS), matches the Childs Customer Reference Number and the Parents Customer Reference Number and tells us what the Child Care Benefit percentage rate is for that child.
Ignite Minds staff cannot alter or edit the CCB % rate. This rate is determined by Centrelink and any questions about rates must be directed to Centrelink
Sometimes the Centrelink CCMS fails to return a Child Care Benefit percentage rate to Austral CCMS when a child first enrols. When this occurrs, Centrelink can take up to 6 weeks to rectify itself. This is outside of our controll. Any overpayments will be credited to the parents account. Any underpayments will be an interest free loan from Ignite Minds to the parent.
Administering first payments when CCB % not returned.
When Centrelink cannot confirm a Families actual CCB% we have the following options when administering the first fortnightly payment.
- Charge the parent the full hourly rate for the child’s attendance in care
- Charge the parent a ‘gestimate’ of what we think the rate will be based on CCB confirmation letter from Centrelink.
We have chosen option 2 above to avoid putting families under the pressure of being charged the full rate. On average this would mean 80 hours at $12 per hour ($960) for the first fortnight.
Option 2 does come with compromises and favours Families over Ignite Minds as it provides families with an interest free loan so we can pay Educators when we have not been paid by the family or Centrelink.
The compromise for Families is that they may get hit with an adjustment payment if their expected CCB rate is higher than their actual CCB rate. For example, a family reports to us that they will be paid 100% CCB and when it finally comes back from Centrelink it is actually 60%. In this case, the family would be 40% of the full $5.47 CCB ($175) short plus 40% of the up to 50% Gap payment for CCR = $104.48 (total $279.48) short per fortnight (based on the above 80 hours) which will see an increase in their fortnightly deduction to bring the account up to date 2 weeks in advance.
Where Centrelink fails to return a CCB percentage rate upon initial enrolment, we expect that accounts will balance and settle down into regular fortnightly deductions after 3 fortnights. If our initial estimate of CCB was too high, parents will be hit with a catch up payment. Where our estimate is too low, parents will be ahead and amounts will be credited to the next fortnights payments.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I calculate the costs of childcare?
- Apply to Centrelink for Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) and be provided with a % entitlement, for example 80%
- 100% CCB is $5.47 per hour
- 100% Child Care Rebate (CCR) is 50% of the gap payment
- Gap Payment is the difference between what the Educator Charges per hour minus your CCB.
Example based on 80% CCB and CCR entitlement
|A||Educator charges $10 per hour X 50 hours week||= $500 per week.|
|B||CCB ((A X 80%) X hours)) is $4.37 X 50 hours||= $218.80|
|C||Gap payment is (A - B = C) $500 - $218.80||= $281.20|
|D||CCR is ((C/ 2 )X 80%), (($281.20/2) X 80%)||= $112.48|
|E||Final Cost (A - B - D = E) $500 - $281.80 - $112.48||= $168.72|
Why have my fortnightly payment amounts changed?
- New enrolment - the actual CCB percentage rate has not been confirmed with Centerelink (see above)
- New enrolment - the actual CCB percentage rate has been confirmed with Centerelink and was different to what you reported to us (see above)
- School holidays – an increase in hours = increase in payment
- Planned absences – a decrease in hours = decreased payment
- Increased hours – overnight stay or extra days booked = increased payment
- Your other children have entered a service (Ignite Minds or other) and this has effected your CCB and CCR rate entitlement. (could be increase or decrease)
- Late pick up fees = increase in payment
- Change in percentage of Child Care Rebate (CCR) (could be an increase or decrease in payment)
- Change in the payment destination of the Child Care Rebate to the parent and not the service (a change only parents can make with Centrelink)
Why have I been charged for hours that I did not attend?
- Your invoice is always 2 weeks in advance and all booked hours are payable.
- If you do not change your booked hours then you will be charged the full amount regardless of attendance
- Your educator does not have authority to change booked hours. You must request any change in writing to Ignite Minds and provide 2 weeks notice. Any changes requested without 2 weeks notice will not be honoured.
- If you are seeking to increase or decrease your hours you must discuss this with your Educator to confirm vacancy exists, then email your request via our Contact us page so that we can formalise your request.
- If your attendance was cancelled by your Educator (ie, Educator was sick) you will be be given a credit for that day.
Ignite Minds has the wrong CCB percentage rate – how can this be fixed?
- Ignite Minds cannot edit the CCB percentage rate. This rate is set and administered by Centrelink – you should speak to Centrelink if you think your rate is wrong.
- If you get written confirmation from Centrelink that your rate has changed we can cancel and resubmit your enrolment data. This could lead to delays in CCB and CCR. (see above)
- When changed rates are applied by Centrelink, your account will be credited or debited accordingly.
What events change the percentage value of my CCB?
- If families update their combined income estimate/report this could result in a change in CCB and CCR entitlements
- If another child is added to a service this could result in the change in CCB and CCR entitlements.
- Government policy can change the total amount administered by the CCB and CCR.
Why can’t I pay my fees via Direct Deposit to avoid the Direct Debit fee of $0.99 or Credit card fee of 1.9% per transaction?
- Ignite Minds has the capacity to administer 60 Educators and over 600 children. We are committed to providing the most cost effective service. To manually chase invoices and reconcile bank statements of this scale is just not viable. Our payment services are electronically linked to your invoice and reduce the labour costs associated with chasing unpaid invoices and reconciling accounts. We do not offer a direct deposit option as it would increase our service charges to our Educators and increase their fees to families.
Why am I being Charged Direct debit or Credit Card fees?
- We are committed to keeping costs for families as low as possible (see explaination about why we dont accept paymentd directly). We have chosen to pass on the actual transaction costs rather than force all families to pay higher service fees, which would see a minimum increase of 1.9% as Credit Card is most common form of payment. Families have the choice to pay either 1.9 % per transaction or $0.99 per transaction for direct debit. If you want to keep your fees lower, choose Direct Deposit and pay $0.99 per transaction per fortnight.
How do I check my statement online?
- Login via this link (also found at top of page) https://www.australccms.com/parent/
- Enter your username which is the primary parent Firstname Lastname (eg, John Smith as recorded on enrolment letter)
- Enter password as sent to you in your welcome email or use your Username and email to reset password. If asked what Family Day care you use type 'Ignite Minds'.
- When logged in navigate to the 'Statement' tab (see below)
- On the 'Statement' tab put in the date range of the period you want. For example, 2 weeks ago and todays date and then hit 'search'
Explanation of the types of entries found on my statement.
Type of entry
Fee for ‘child’s name’, dates, amounts of hours EXPECTED
This is an expected fee based on the booked hours and is a guide for how much you should expect to be charged.
Fee for ‘child’s name’, dates, amounts of hours ACTUAL
This is the actual amount charged based on your child’s attendance.
Actual CCB fee reduction for the week ending (date, always a Sunday) using xx%. Gap remaining for parents to cover is $xx
This is the actual CCB benefit reduction and the gap payment the parent is to cover
The CCB rate is calculated by Centrelink and cannot be changed by Ignite Minds.
Enrolment Absences YTD
This is the reported absences taken Year to Date. You will see this on your statement every 3 months or following a fortnight with a reported absence.
Absences are set to zero on the 1st July each year.
CCB percentage rate appear in bold
1st July each year
Families have reported a change in financial circumstances to Centrelink resulting in a change in percentage rate.
Scheduled payment received
This is the actual amount we have deducted from your account
This is a percentage value provided to us by Centrelink CCMS which allows us to calculate fees in advance. Please note that Expected CCB and Actual CCB can change – see notes about what can trigger this change.
This is the amount of CCR paid to the service.
Please note that if CCR is paid directly to the parent you will not see it in the account transactions.
This is a correction by the service provider based on signed attendance sheets. If a transaction is cancelled it will be followed with a new transaction.